Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003S Supercar
Fellow gearheads, this car is one that is actually available, unlike many of the awesome concept cars we have covered in the past.. This is a limited edition production car that is amazing. This is the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003. Their tagline is “Ultimate Race Car for the Road”, and they do seem to live up to that claim. Read on to learn about this super car called the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003.
The name is a bit long, but that does not affect the ability for the car to be amazing, The car is actually made in the USA, despite having a very European sounding name. Aside from the fact that it looks totally cool, let’s take a look at some of the vital specs on the SCG-003.
SCG 003S SPECS:
- NHTSA Low Volume Compliant with a 17-digit VIN, at least 49 state legal (this means it is street legal!)
- Carbon fiber chassis, body, and subframes
- BMW 4.4 liter reverse flow twin turbo engine with racing dry-sump, with 590lb ft of torque and 700 HP at the rear wheels
- 1900 LBS of net down force and 2G’s of mechanical grip on road tires
- Maximum speed in excess of 230MPH
- 0–60 MPH in under 2.9 seconds
- Paddle shift Cima gearbox
- Brembo carbon ceramic brakes
- Forgeline centerlock wheels
- Driver adjustable shocks with different settings for road and track
- Race-inspired side mirrors with built-in side cameras and dashboard side mirror screens
- Wooden sacrificial protective layer under front splitter and running the length of the bottom of the car
- Driver operated front and rear lifters
- Choice of exterior paint and interior leather or Alcantara colors
- Optional clear-coated natural or tinted carbon fiber body ($115,000 extra)
- Weight 2600 pounds
Wait a minute – did I read that right? 2600 pounds and 700 horsepower at the rear wheels? This is street legal? Yes, that is not a typo. This is essentially a fully licensed and ready to race car that is also street legal. You could drive this to a race track and then run around the track in competition!
Since it has been made street legal, they have decided to make 325 of these cars each year in their US factory. These cars are exempt from some emissions regulations, since they are “limited edition” cars. You could potentially see one of these on the streets in your town!
In addition to the super advanced body and suspension, the interior is also adorned with the latest in LED lights and gauges that are hyper accurate. The digital dash is super accurate, which is fitting for a supercar. Some of the gauges are actually digital with needle overlays to give an appearance of an old-school analog gauge, which is really cool. I think the interior looks more like that of a space ship than it does a car, but I would not complain about sitting behind that wheel! Race-inspired side mirrors with built-in side cameras and dashboard side mirror screens also give it a more high-tech driving experience.
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003
This car looks like something out of a science fiction magazine, but it is not a concept car. The Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003 is available for purchase on a special-order basis right now! I love the creative design for the rear-view mirrors – a great combination of aerodynamics and great aesthetics. This supercar is definitely one that was well thought out from top to bottom.
“It has better build quality than some automakers that have been in business for decades. It’s also better to drive, even in this development phase, than products from supercar makers that have been around long enough to celebrate meaningful anniversaries.”— Road & Track, 2018
If you decide to order one, you better act fast. They are selling out faster than they can build them. I still cannot get over the fact that it is 2600 pounds and has 700 horsepower at the rear wheels from the factory!
Anyone in the US can order one…if you are willing to give them $2 million cash upfront and wait a while for yours to be delivered.
Let me know in the comments down below if you like this car, or if you own one!
If you like this article, please give us a star rating at the top of the article and like it on Facebook.