1972 Hurst Olds 442 Pace Car
Fellow gearheads, today I want to share with you a fantastic 1972 Hurst Olds 442 Pace Car that is an amazing piece of racing history. The beauty of this original Pace Car is enough to make any muscle car fan do a double-take, regardless of brand allegiance. Read on to learn more about this beautiful Pace Car.
Friends, this is no ordinary Pace Car, to say the least. This car has 56,867 actual original miles, and is a matching numbers car. That alone should be enough to turn some heads! This classic muscle car was built during the 3rd week of March, 1972.. This car is a numbers matching big block Pace Car! On top of all that, this car is believed to be a car that was used at the Indy car race, and the flags used are a part of the sale. This was a pace car from the 56th Annual Indianapolis 500 mile race that took place on May 27, 1972.
This car has been painstakingly restored to factory condition, and is very nearly 100% perfect restoration, It took 1st place at the 2018 Oldsmobile Nationals. scoring an astounding 984 out of 1000 points. To make the car even more interesting, it was signed by Linda Vaughn, the “preeminent beauty queen of stock car racing”. The owner even has a photo to prove it was actually signed by Linda Vaughn! Not only that, it still has the flag holders and Indy flags that an actual Pace Car would have.. This car has all the right stuff to make it an iconic piece of racing history!
A Pace Car in 1972 had to have both beauty and brawn, and this car certainly has both. This car has the list of features that gearheads dream about. Start with the 455 CU W-30 High Performance Engine w/ Heavy Duty Cooling System, then add a TH400 Transmission, 3:23 Axle Ratio, and W-25 Hood Dual Intake Forced Air to round things out. .Now you have a fire-breathing beast!
This classic icon of racing history has all the right stuff, and is an absolutely beautiful example of early 1970’s muscle. This Hurst Olds is one of those cars that everyone wants! Now, let’s take a look at the entire list of features this 1972 Hurst Olds 442 Pace Car came with:
- 56,867 original miles, matching numbers original
- Built 3rd week of March 1972
- Original Oldsmobile Trunk mat
- Took 1st place at 2018 Oldsmobile Nationals (984 out of 1000pts)
- 1 out of 220 built with Factory Sunroof
- Landau top, Cameo white/ Black interior
- W-30 High Performance Engine w/ Heavy Duty Cooling System, 455 CU
- TH400 Transmission, 3:23 Axle Ratio
- Original Hurst Olds Warranty and Operation Pamphlet for Electric Sunroof.
- W-25 Hood Dual Intake Forced Air
- Original 72 Oldsmobile Owners Manual
- Sport Wheels
- Tilt Wheel
- Original 72 Oldsmobile New Vehicle Warranty Pamphlet
- His/Hers Hurst Dual Gate shifter
- Rallye Pack Gauges and “Tic-Toc-Tack”
- Power windows/door locks
- AM/FM w/ 8 Track Tape Deck with Original Oldsmobile Complimentary Dealer Tape Cartridge
- A/C, Map Light, Power Trunk Release and Trunk Light
- Rallye Suspension
- Hood Lock option
- Original 72 Oldsmobile Consumer Information Booklet
- Original Oldsmobile Pre-Delivery Service and Adjustment Check Sheet
- Rare Original Oldsmobile Factory Tissue Dispenser
- Original 72 Oldsmobile Emission Control Booklet
- Original Oldsmobile floor mats
- SS II wheels w/ BFG Radial T/A’s
- Original Broadcast Sheet
- Rare factory track temperature gauge on drivers door.
- Correct A/C Delco R59 Battery
- Autograph by “Linda Vaughn” inside Glove Box (Have the photo of her signing it)
- W27 Rear Aluminum Cover
- Rear Flag mounts w/ Yellow & Checkered Flags
- Original Build sheet
- Window sticker
- Original Protecto-Plate
Amazing 1972 Hurst Olds 442 Pace Car
Gearheads, if you, like this author, are wishing you owned this car, you are in luck! Unlike a lof ot the cars we cover, this car is actually for sale, and is affordable! You can find out more about it and purchase it at https://www.yourcollectorcar.com/Listing/Details/6374914/1972-Hurst-Olds-442-Pace-Car